Attorney David B. Rothman
Serving Miami, FL for Over 30+ Years
More than 30 years ago, I decided to become a lawyer. Not just any lawyer,
but a criminal defense lawyer. I wanted; no,
I needed to make a difference. I was passionate about fighting for people accused of crimes. I relished
the opportunity to stand up against the government on behalf of a client.
When I graduated law school, I became a prosecutor so that when I started
my own criminal defense law firm, I would have the experience to be a
better lawyer, anticipating what a prosecutor would think and do in any
case. Thereafter, along with a couple of other prosecutors, we formed
our own law firm. Ever since, we have vigorously defended our clients
in state and federal courts.
Along the way,
I achieved Board Certification status, something only a small percentage of criminal trial lawyers ever earn.
It allows me to hold myself out as an expert; a specialist in criminal
trial work. Today, the only thing that has changed is that
I have handled thousands of criminal cases. It remains important to me to represent each of my clients with complete
dedication, passion, and preparation.
I am very proud of my, and my law firm’s track record. We have made
a difference. Though we certainly have not won every case, never once
did we give less than 100%, for any client. My focus has always been on
the client. Unless the client gets the best possible result, I treat it
as a failure. There are no “lawyer” victories, for the only
true victory is the victory of a client.
As your defense attorney, I commit to doing my very best on your behalf
to achieve the very best possible result.
If you are ready to get started on your defense,
contact Rothman & Associates, P.A. at (305) 570-4439.
Areas of Practice:
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- Board Certified Criminal Trial Advocacy Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Florida, 1977
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Court Of Appeals, 11th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1980
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 1984
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D. 1977
- University of Florida, B.A. 1974
Honors and Awards:
- Best Lawyers in America (2009)
- The Florida Bar Board of Governors (1999-2011)
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association President (1997-1998)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers President (2000-2001)
- Lecturer, Criminal Law, The Florida Bar Bridge the Gap Seminars (1989-1995)
Past / Present Positions:
- Adjunct Professor, University of Miami School of Law (1995-present)
- Assistant State Attorney, Miami-Dade County, Florida (1977-1980)
- Chair (2014/2015) & Member of the Executive Council, Criminal Law Section
of The Florida Bar (2012-present)
- Member of the Board, Florida Bar Foundation (2011-present)
- Chair (2012/2014) & Member of the Board, Innocence Project of Florida